This week, Rhonda Conlon and I presented a poster session, Social Media in Extension, at Galaxy III which is a professional development conference for Extension Professionals.
In addition to the poster, we also provided a guide to help Extension professionals begin to use social media. The outline is here:
- 1.1 1. Use a newsreader
- 1.2 2. Comment on others’ work
- 1.3 3. Share content, knowledge, ideas, and products openly
- 1.4 4. Write for the web
- 1.5 5. Participate in online communities
- 1.6 6. Use Creative Commons Licenses
- 1.7 7. Build content and products with others
- 1.8 8. Learn more
The guide is a wiki that can be edited by any Extension professional. Please help us improve this document.